Sunday, August 17, 2008

Being Free....


If you ever have a chance to come to Oregon, visit our beautiful Cascade Mountains, especially Crater Lake National Park. This lake is so awesome. It is a very deep blue and the seventh deepest lake in the world at a depth of 1932 feet.
One summer, a group of us camped in the mountains near Crater Lake. We met some forest service employees, ended up having an outdoor party at this lake. I may tell more of these adventures in future blogs but for now I want to share with you a vision of seeing this gorgeous lake on a clear summer night under the full moon. It inspired me to write part of the lyrics to one of my songs.

Being Free...

The Moon appears over the
Crater's edge
Shining Moonbeams on the Lake
Dancing and Prancing upon
The Water
Like a Ballerina
On a Stage, Being Free

The Swallows are soaring in
the Air
Flying Circles Around the Sun
Playing an ancient game
Of Love
And knowing that they
Are the One, Being Free

For I'm gonna Love You
And don't give a damn whose to blame
I'm gonna want you
and you can even bear my Name
Being Free, Being Free,
Being Me

*********

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Starman. Thanks for posting that. I'm a bit envious since I've only been to Crater Lake once. But that once was marvelous. I saw a great horned owl and had a good musing on what it would be like to go out to the island.

Nan

Starman said...

Thank you Nan for your comment. They do take tours out to Wizard Island.

Desertnut said...

Beautiful Starman! Someday Gordie and I will visit there!

Starman said...

Thank you Desertnut and I hope you do! The Oregon Cascades are a place that I cherish dearly in my heart. Lots of fond memories and experiences there.