Saturday, August 30, 2008

Vibrations

Camping in the beautiful Oregon Cascades brought many memories for me to cherish. Sitting by a campfire after a warm summer day of hiking, swimming, fishing and exploring the surrounding area; we enjoyed stimulated conversations, song fests, and tons of laughter.

Also, the clear night sky displayed beautiful views of the moon, planets, and constellations. Even a galaxy or two could be seen with the naked eye. Sometimes we would make up our own 'constellations' of the stars connecting the dots in our minds relating what we see to each other. This became like a game conveying the different shapes we see. Yes, and sometimes these shapes would be so hilarious that we would laugh hard making us weak, almost falling down, not being able to stand up. (of course, part of that may have been the refreshments we were consuming) Inevitably, tears would come to our eyes.

Then sometimes, we would just stare taking in the vast universe above us, feeling the pulse, connecting with the harmony of the stars and planets. It would be as if we were feeling the vibrations of this orchestrated universal harmonic display.

During the day we would travel around the area looking for waterfalls, of course, many of the trails leading to the falls were near the campsites we stayed at. However, some waterfalls were far enough away. we would have to hike several miles to get to them. There was the fun though, the adventure of the trip, so rewarding, so awe-inspiring that we needed to keep exploring. Unfortunately, I did not scan some of the photos we took of these falls, so I am posting a few from some other photographers and I do give credit and copyright recognition to these people. The first waterfall picture is Clearwater Falls at Toketee, Oregon.

One really needs to see Clearwater Falls in the summer and right at dusk. The mossy rocks appear to illuminate a florescent green. Along with the colors, the fresh smell of mountain air and the sounds of the water was totally awesome.

The second waterfalls photo is that of Toketee Falls at Toketee, Oregon. The photographer really did a professional job in capturing the beauty of this waterfall by taking advantage of the natural lighting at a certain time of day. Both of these falls can be easily reached off from the North Umpqua River State Highway 138.

Toketee Falls provided other benefits as well. We visited it quite often, especially on very hot days. In the late afternoon and evening, we would hike to it and jump in the pool at the bottom. This was so refreshing, escaping from the heat. Its hard to believe that the area could have temperatures in the 90 deg. to 100 deg mark in mid-summer but it can. The source of this waterfall comes from Toketee Reservoir. This reservoir is very cold all year round averaging around 42 deg. F. The reservoir serves as water storage for a power generating facility. A penstock pipeline takes water on down below these falls to that facility at Soda Springs. The water level is controlled by the power company. Along with several other creek and stream inputs coming down from the higher mountain elevations and flowing clear water provides for the constant cool temperature. It can be very exhilarating and one tends not to swim very long!

One evening back at camp, after hiking, visiting waterfalls, swimming, and eating, playing guitars, and star-gazing; I felt compelled to write the following song and I share it with you now:

Vibrations...

Click here to listen to this song

The Universe sends vibrations
Babe, to the center of my Heart
For the brightness gives
Off the love I feel from the Stars

Sleep with me 'til the morning, Babe
And I'll wake you when I rise
And I'll love you with the
Passion from my Soul

Now the time has come to live
With me and love me 'til I die
And I'll give you all the Colours
In a Rainbow

For loving you means more to me
Than my basic needs I know
And the happiness shines in
My front door

Look into my Eyes I know
That you will realize
The Love I have for you
And the Feeling that is true

**********

3 comments:

Desertnut said...

Beautiful, Starman!

AllisonLee said...

I've wanted to visit the falls at Toketee ever since someone very special in my life told me of them!
Your song really tugs at my heart

Starman said...

Thank you, very much!